Greetings and Salutations! Ahhh, yes, it’s the brainypintsizer. Picture it…Me: Rapidly typing. You: Puzzled. Oh, don’t be. In one way or another, you had as much to do with this as anyone or anything else. Yep, this is my blog. I’m taking a leap of faith and trying something new, especially since supposedly I have allllllll the time in time in the world, typing away at this laptop or desktop with absolutely nothing else to do. I could think of 10 more things I could be doing at this moment.
Let me type them here:
- Getting rid of the callouses on the bottom of these feet. Ugh, I really need to find a Korean nail salon pronto, ’cause you know, no-one does it better than a Korean nail salon worker who is obviously talking about you and your crusty feet in Korean while smiling in your face.
- Sorting through all this mail that no matter what I do continues to pile up. How do these junk mailers find me? I have a very small post/mail box. How many random credit card offers does a person need? And as for Cablevision…don’t get me started! I get a mail piece from them at least 2 – 3x per month. Isn’t it enough that they send me a bill every month?
- Going to the laundry. The one thing I wish for is to have a washer and dryer at my finger tips instead of walking down five sets of stairs before actually getting to my complex’s laundry room.
- Doing work for work. Yes, this is my reality. Work doesn’t end when the day at the office ends. I could insert comments here about The Man, but I’ve moved beyond these feelings. I’m a bigger, stronger person. I’ve taken Buddhism classes.
- Watching another episode of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta”. Yes, it may be a train wreck, but it’s a train wreck worth watching. After all, if I don’t watch the Hotlanta Hotmesses, what’s left, OWN?
- Watching OWN. I love Oprah. Sure, she exudes that I-sit-upon-the-right-side-of-holy attitude, but I like her network’s programming. Some of her shows are really thought-provoking. Have you seen “Our America with Lisa Ling“, “Serving Life” or “Oprah’s Lifeclass“? (Oh, and “Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s” is not so much thought-provoking as it is hilarious.) I can’t wait for “Oprah’s Next Chapter” premiering in January. It’s definitely on my “Must Watch” list. The promo seems fascinating.
- Watching “Modern Family”. That show is so funny sometimes. Casting Sofia Vergara was genius. Actually, the whole cast is perfect.
- Calling Foxy Roxy Robinson in the Boogie Down Bronx. That 80-plus-year-old spitfire with the funniest mouth in the family is a wild ride, man.
- Calling my grandmother. If you didn’t already know it, I have a…very…Jewish…grandmother who spreads the guilt so thickly, it’s like Dax hair grease. She’s got God and Guilt on her side. With those two things, you don’t stand a chance.
- Pondering life while eating yet another cup of Del Monte red grapefruit. Because isn’t that what normal people do?
So, here we are. Me typing away. Type, type, type. All those typing classes to get 60-plus words per minute taken years ago when I was pursing my Associates degree is really paying off now. Yep, worth every penny — really expensive typing classes. Thank you Sallie Mae Student Loan Service. I hope you got last month’s payment.